How To Keep The Shrubs In Your Spring Hill Yard At Their Best
April 15, 2023
You love your yard. You take great pride in its appearance, but right now, something seems a little off. Your shrubs aren’t looking their best lately; they’re not the vibrant hue they should be, they’ve got patches that look dried out, or they’ve got brown patches that look dead. A professional Spring Hill lawn care company like Turf Tactics, LLC can help revive your shrubs and keep them healthy, strong, and looking great.
Shrubs And Bushes Can Really Add To The Beauty Of Our Lawns
If all we had was grass, our lawns would look uniform, rigid, and boring. Shrubs and bushes add visual interest and a level of architecture to our yards that grass itself can’t achieve. While trees are lofty and magnificent, shrubs and bushes are friendlier, more approachable, and less stuffy. A local lawn service company like Turf Tactics, LLC can help you maintain the fun and whimsy bushes and shrubs can bring to your yard.
You don’t have to stick with the ubiquitous boxwood shrub, either. A lot of what you’d think would be under the heading of herbs, flowers, and trees are actually shrubs. Some of the more colorful varieties include:
- Blue princess holly
- Fothergilla bushes
- Hardy hibiscus
- Oakleaf hydrangea
- Red twig dogwood
- Rose of Sharon
- Rugosa rose
- Stewartsonian azalea
- Threadleaf false cypress
- Witch hazel
For full-service lawn care near you, reach out to Turf Tactics, LLC for all your shrub and bush tending needs. We can help you figure out which shrubs would look great and thrive year-round in your Spring Hill yard.
Straightforward Shrub Maintenance Tips
There are many tips for proper shrub maintenance, including:
- Pick the right shrubs for the space: Resist the urge to plant too many shrubs when they’re small; leave room for them to grow.
- Choose the right fertilizer: Compost is often the best choice because it’s 100% natural. Commercial fertilizers may also be beneficial if your soil is lacking in key nutrients. We also offer lawn fertilization services.
- Water the right amount: When your shrubs are young, they need more water. You should provide enough that you’re leaving a small puddle around the roots. When the plants are more established, you can let Mother Nature take care of watering for you, unless she decides on a dry spell.
- Prune and trim appropriately: Use hand clippers to cut away dead or dying branches of your shrubbery. Pruning also promotes new growth, especially in flowering shrubs. The best time to prune is in late winter to early spring, before that new growth starts.
- Apply products to your shrubs as needed: Some compounds prevent insect infestation, while others fight against diseases that may infect your plants.
The best way to keep your shrubs in great shape is to work with professional shrub care services near you, like Turf Tactics, LLC. We’ve been in business since 2008. As a locally owned company, we know the particulars of our lawns, shrubs, pests, diseases, and climate.
The Additional Benefits Of A Tree And Shrub Care Program
When you work with a lawn service near you like Turf Tactics, LLC, you’re working with the best. Our service technicians are insured, licensed, and highly trained in turf management techniques, so we can provide the best possible service to you.
One major benefit of working with us is that you get your weekends back. You don’t have to spend Saturday and Sunday taking care of your trees and shrubs. We're not just here to help your curb appeal, but also to save you time and energy.
Contact Us For The Best Care For Your Shrubs
At Turf Tactics, LLC, we know you have your choice of lawn service companies near you. We’re honored that you’re considering us. We know it can be overwhelming trying to take care of your lawn and landscaping, so we make the process as easy and stress-free for you as we possibly can. We want you to have peace of mind, knowing your lawn is in good hands.
For the best lawn servicing near you, contact Turf Tactics, LLC today to schedule your free quote.